In addition to the bereavement services for the families we serve, we have provided some helpful grief support links below:
Local Grief support - GriefShare - Thursday, June 30 from 6:30pm - 8:00pm
GriefShare is a support group that meets weekly currently at Faith Bible Chapel, 115 Ashaway Rd, Westerly. The program is nondenominational and features biblical concepts for healing from your grief. To learn more, visit www.griefshare.org
Bereavement Support Groups - (Dates and times for programs vary.)
- General Bereavement - Hope Health Hospice, Providence, RI 401-415-4200
- General Bereavement - VNA of Care New England, Warwick, RI 800-348-6417, www.CNEHomeHealth.org
- General Bereavement - Roger Williams Hospital, Providence, RI, 401-456-2284
- General Bereavement for adults and children - Community VNA Attleboro, MA 508-222-0118 x2157
- Loss of Parent - Friends Way, Warwick, RI 401-921-0980, www.FriendsWay.org
- Loss of Loved One by Suicide - The Samaritans, Providence, RI 800-365-4044, www.SamaritansRI.org
- Infant Death Support Group - Newport Hospital, Newport, RI 401-845-1114
- Infant Death Support Group - Ronald McDonald House, Providence, RI, 401-274-1122
Other resources for local support groups or individual counseling may be offered at:
- Community Mental Health Centers
- Family Service Agencies
- Community Hospitals
- Private Counselors
Webhealing.com, the first interactive grief website on the internet, offers discussion boards, articles, book suggestions, and advice for men and women working through every aspect of grief. The site’s founder, Tom Golden LCSW, has provided book excerpts and contact information to help those healing from loss.
Willowgreen offers support and information for those dealing with life transition & aging, illness & caregiving, loss & grief, and hope & spirituality. The site offers advice, products, and inspirational materials.
The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) website contains a Grief & Loss section with grief-related articles and information.
The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization’s website provides a host of information and resources for people facing a life-limiting illness or injury and their caregivers.